Thursday, May 04, 2006
#1. CODFISH CAKES
1 lb salt cod
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp white pepper
Dash of hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Soak the cod in cold water for at least 6 hours or overnight. Change the water at least 3 times during the soaking.
2. Remove the codfish from the water and rinse well. Place it in a saucepan filled with fresh, cold water and set it over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Drain the fish and let stand until cool enough to handle.
3. Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl and let soak.
4. Using a fork, flake the fish, removing any bones, into a large bowl. Add the bread crumb mixture, the potatoes, butter, white pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Mix until well combined.
5. Form the mixture into 2 1/2-inch cakes. Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add as many of the fish cakes as fit comfortably in one layer to the skillet and cook until the cakes are golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the cakes as they cook to a warmed platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and codfish cakes. Serve the codfish cakes hot, garnished with the parsley.
Have a nice meal...
What a good cook you are! How about cooking something like that for us in Academy?
As I said to Pina, I've tried to format your recipe, but unfortunately it didn't work. I don't know why.
Have a nice Sunday! Bye!
Are we going to be invited to the party? LOL